What is E-Governance
E-Governance is the enforcement of ICT. ICT stands for Information and Communication Technology in the Department of Government. In the same way, central e-government is designed to make government services effective, available and convenient. The use of e-governance is to transcend borders. This is a conventional paper-based method. It’s an upgrade to the new administration. It also helps to provide quality government services to the resident. E-governance thus delivers to the SMART government. Here SMART stands for “Simple moral Accessible and responsive government”.
E-Governance is not just a Website on the Internet. E-Governance offers government services that are available via the Internet. It refers to any government method or feature that is digitally accessible online.
Likewise, e-governance is the participation of digital government in the delivery of online services. It is also an online citizen engagement. The regular citizen gets a government facility through the Internet. E-Governance is a network of government, public and business organizations.
There are four TYpes of E-Governance
The Government-to-Citizen applies to the government programs that familiar citizens have access to. And most government programs come under G2C. Likewise, the primary purpose of the Government-to-Citizen is to provide the citizen with facilities. It allows average citizens to reduce the time and expense of a purchase. People may have access to services from anywhere at any time.
In addition, several facilities, such as license renewals and the payment of taxes, are important in G2C. It is also possible to spend the administrative fee online because of G2C. The Government-to-Citizen facility allows ordinary people to resolve time constraints. It also focuses on spatial land barriers
2) Government-to-Enterprise (G2B)
The Government is responsible for the exchange of resources between Government and Business Organizations. It is useful for both government and business organizations. G2B shall have access to the appropriate forms required to comply with them. The G2B also consists of a variety of services shared between the business and government sectors.
Likewise, the Government of Business shall provide timely business information. And Business Entities can provide easy and secure online access to government departments. G2B plays a key role in the growth of the business. It increases the productivity and quality of communication and accountability of government projects.
3) Government-to-State (G2G)
The Government-to-Government refers to the relationship between various government departments, organisations and agencies. This would improve the productivity of government processes. Government agencies can share the same database in G2G via online communication. The agencies of the government should work together. This service will improve international diplomacy and relations.
In conclusion, G2G networks can be at the local or international level. It can also interact with global government and local government. It also ensures a stable and secure inter-relationship between domestic and foreign governments. G2G creates a universal service database for all Member States.
4) Government-to-Employment (G2E)
The Government-to-Employed sector is an internal component of the G2G sector. In addition, G2E seeks to bring staff together and improvise information sharing.
Similarly, G2E offers on-line services to workers. In the same way, applying for leave, checking the salary payment record. And check the balance of the holiday. The G2E sector offers preparation and development of human capital. Thus, G2E is also the partnership between staff, government agencies and their management.
Advantages of E-Governance
1.Speed – Technology makes communication quicker. The internet, phones, mobile phones have shortened the time taken during regular contact.
- Cost savings – The bulk of government spending is appropriated for stationary expenses. Paper-based communication requires a lot of stationary, printers, computers, etc., which require a high amount of continuous expenditure. The Internet and Phones make connectivity cheaper and save the government precious money
- Transparency – the use of ICT makes it clear to regulate the profession. All details from the Government will be made available on the Internet. People will see the details whenever they want to see it. But this is only possible when any piece of government information is posted to the Internet and is open to the public for public inspection. The new governance mechanism leaves several places to withhold knowledge from all people. ICT aims to make information accessible electronically, removing any opportunities for the concealment of information.
- Accountability – If the governance mechanism has been made open, the government will automatically be accountable. Accountability is the responsibility of the Government to the people. This is the responsibility for the actions of the Government. The Government accountable shall be the Government responsible.